Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What to Wear

Dave's cousin is getting married this weekend. YEAH!!! I was reading through Andy & Jessi's wedding website this morning and had to laugh at their comments on "What to Wear."

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


We have had quite a few people ask what to wear to the wedding so we would like to make some suggestions in the hopes of making your lives a little easier.

My (Jessi) dream/wish would be for everyone to wear something that they have always wanted to wear but haven’t had anywhere to wear that particular attire to. For example:

Men: If you have an orange suit, as seen below, just sitting in your closet begging to be worn, wear it to our wedding. Maybe your favorite color is purple or green but where could you possible sport a purple or green suit? Let me give you the answer, our wedding. Maybe baby blue brings out the color in your eyes but you can’t wear your baby blue pants and sports coat just anywhere…let that anywhere be Jessi and Drew’s wedding. Rock a Zoot Suit, you know you want to







Ladies: I’m pretty certain that some of you have a fabulous poofy prom dress that you look at every once in a while that’s hanging in the back of your closet. Pull it out, dust it off, and rock it like you’ve never rocked it before. Say you love the movie “Grease” particularly for the brilliant wardrobe selection…go rent yourself a bright-colored, made-for-dancin’ til you drop dress and parade it to our wedding. Have you ever seen a dress/outfit that you looked at and LOVED but could not for the life of you figure out where you could possibly dawn that dress/outfit to? Well, here’s your chance, ladies

The point that we’d like to make is that we want our guests to be comfortable and to have fun with themselves. Please feel free to wear bright colors, foofy dresses, crazy suits, rockin ties, etc. to our special event. Think about how wonderful pictures will be with all shades of the rainbow being displayed on a lovely spring evening.

Now of course we know that not everyone will want to use our ideas but we’re telling you that it’s fine with us no matter what you decide. You will all look amazing and we simply cannot wait to share this with you! See you soon!

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


That being said, I know exactly how I am going to dress Dave but I have no idea how to dress myself. Bright colors I have, poofy prom dresses I don't have. I may have to take a trip to the store to find the perfect combination appropriate for the occasion. This oughta be good!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I hope you post pictures of your outfit!

Pamela said...

Check out D.I., I'm sure they've got a poofy prom dress for you :)