Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Place I Go

Call me "Molly Mormon" but one of my favorite things to do is go to the temple. It is a place for me to sit and relax and shut out the cares of the world. No cell phone or email or bosses or clients or coworkers -- just me and my thoughts and the Spirit.

A couple of years ago I typed up a list of all the temples of the world and I began recording the date I first performed ordinance work in each temple that I've been to. Last night I pulled out my list in preparation to go to the Rexburg Temple this weekend and I realized that I have way too many blank spaces.

So, I've set a new goal: Add at least two new dates to my temple list every year. This goal shouldn't be too hard. There are three never-before-visited temples not even an hour drive from my house currently in operation and another two under construction. Temples in southern Utah and Idaho are a perfect weekend getaway. And I've been wanting to fly down to San Diego, pick up a rental car, and start driving north through California hitting all seven temples along the way for a long time.

Have no fear! I will accomplish my goal and really start filling up that list! The way the Church builds temples I know I'll probably never get to most of them but that won't keep me from trying.

Other little ditties:
* I received my endowment before my mission in the Bountiful Utah Temple.
* My favorite temple so far is the Manhattan New York Temple.
* I have been outside the doors of the Oakland, San Diego, and Chicago Temples but never inside.
* I want to marry my sweetheart in the Salt Lake Temple, following the tradition of my parents and both sets of grandparents.
* I always try to vacation near a temple and go to a session while I am there.

No comments: