Friday, February 15, 2008

A Pretty Good Day


It's not often that a single woman of my age can say that February 14th is a good day but I do have to admit that my Valentine's Day yesterday was pretty good.

At 8:00 a.m. I found myself rushing through the tunnels under Temple Square to check on a meeting in the Church Office Building, only to arrive and find that the meeting had been cancelled. It was okay though because along the way I passed by Elders David A. Bednar, L. Tom Perry, and Quentin L. Cook who I'm sure were all running a bit late for an 8:00 meeting in the temple with President Monson. As I passed by each of them they smiled and nodded a Good Morning to me. That was pretty cool!

At 12:30 p.m. a big meeting in the Theater finished up and the sister I have been working with took me aside and introduced me to James, a very cute, very available Infrastructure Architect and Engineer with the Family Church History Department. We had a nice little chat and then he said he would email. That was a pretty great ten minutes!

At 1:30 p.m. my coworker Heidi took me to her husband's cafe for lunch. He served up a pot roast sandwich and fries. That was a pretty tasty lunch!

At 3:00 p.m. I left work for the day and went to Costco to pick up some things for upcoming activities. It is always more than pretty wonderful to leave work early!

At 4:00 p.m. I arrived at home and had a long-stem red rose waiting for me on the table. The note said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" and wasn't signed but I have an idea who sent it. That was a pretty (literally) surprise!

At 5:30 p.m. began my Valentine's Day date with Sebastian. I dressed up in my formal dress (for the first time), we went to the Utah Symphony where they played Grieg's Piano Concerto, then we had an Italian dinner by candlelight. That was a pretty fun date!

At 10:30 p.m. back at home my cute mother had left me a little box of chocolates and my favorite trail mix snack. That was a pretty sweet treat!

Overall, my Valentine's Day was a pretty good day, filled with all the things a girl loves (cute men, flowers, chocolate, piano concertos, and Costco)!

No comments: