Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rubbing Shoulders

I have to gloat just a little bit because this past weekend I got to rub shoulders with some celebrities, aka Donny and Marie Osmond. Look, here's the proof:



Okay, I know, it's not the best evidence but I really did get to meet them and all their brothers this weekend. We held the annual Pioneer Day Celebration concert at the Conference Center and the Osmond Family came as our guest performers. It was actually a great concert and the audience loved it! The house was packed with early-arriving, post-menopausal, Osmond groupies who all sang along to the favorite songs of their youth: Paper Roses, Puppy Love, One Bad Apple, and more. It was hysterical!

But the end of the concert was pretty emotional. This was the final performance of their 50th Anniversary Tour and the final public performance for the whole family. As they sang a tribute to their parents each of them shed a few tears while struggling through the song.

The highlight of the weekend for me was keeping a camera crew from Entertainment Tonight out of trouble. Unfortunately, none their hosts came with the crew, just a producer named Jeffrey. I took them backstage where they held an interview with the Osmonds and then captured footage of the family coming on and off stage. Pretty cool! The segment won't air until September but keep an eye and ear out for it and you may see me hanging out in the background.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I watched the special on t.v. but dan kept turning it off.