Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sweet Cousin John

Saturday was our annual Bitner Family Reunion at the Tahitian Noni Gardens in Provo. This is usually a huge reunion with at least four generations in attendance. I haven't been for a couple of years and didn't want to go again this year but at the last minute I changed my mind and set off with the family. During the course of the evening we played the Get To Know you game. I picked up my game card and started making random conversation with random family members I had never before met and would never remember again after the evening ended.

I had almost finished the game when I sat down next to John Bryner. He is a sweet old man, well over 80 years old. In the ten minutes we spent chatting I found out that his sweetheart passed away a few years ago, he is a physicist by trade, tunes pianos as a hobby, and President Hinckley spoke at his mother's funeral in the 1980s. I told him that I am single, work as an event coordinator for the Church, and that I'm building a townhouse in North Salt Lake. "You're a catch!" he exclaimed. "Those boys should be snatching you up! You're a catch!" You know what, John is absolutely right! I am a catch!


Seriously, what are those boys waiting for?

1 comment:

BCassFam said...

You are killing me.