Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just Because

Nothing new or exciting to report in my life today. I just feel like posting a blog. If you're at all like me I like to see new posts on my friends' websites regardless of the length or random information they have to share. So, tonight, enjoy my short random post as well as the picture I found.


This is a painting of a streetcar in New Orleans. I rode on the St. Charles line a couple of times while on my mission. We would park our Ford Focus in a residential area and catch the streetcar on South Carrolton Avenue. The route took us down the middle of St. Charles Avenue, past Tulane and Loyola Universities, through some of the beautiful old architecture and lush green landscaping so characteristic of the city, across from the Uptown Branch LDS meetinghouse, and we would get off at the Canal Street border of the French Quarter. Then we would walk a few blocks to the riverfront or the French Market to hang out and souvenir shop. I loved those P-days. The streetcar is one of my favorite memories of New Orleans--I even brought back a print similar to this painting that now hangs above my bed. Ah, New Orleans!

1 comment:

BCassFam said...

What a great painting. Cool memoires. Thanks for sharing.