Friday, June 6, 2008

Newsreel: House Hunting Takes Unexpected Turn

Maybe you've already heard from family or a co-worker, but I am seriously thinking about, and actually trying to buy a condo. Nothing is official yet and there is still a very good chance it won't happen so don't get overly excited.

Here's how it all started and where it now stands...

Last Sunday my Mom and I ended up driving through the brand new development of Foxboro North in North Salt Lake on our way to Jennie's house. We stopped to give ourselves a self-guided tour of the recently framed "Berkley" complex and I really liked what I saw.


Many of you who know me know that I have sworn up and down, right and left that I will not move to Foxboro. It is on the west side of Redwood Road and when I was a kid Redwood Road was the end of civilization in Davis County. I could never bring myself to live in that no-man's wasteland.

But, I really liked these condos and this particular location does have some redeeming qualities. First, it is only a short quarter mile from the main intersection of the highway. Second, there is a traffic light at that intersection. Third, the beautiful clubhouse (that looks more like a distinguished city building with it's grand clock tower; though it also contains a pool, exercise room, and entertaining space) is right across the street. Fourth, there is a church out the back door of the condo. Fifth, these condos have a good-sized private backyard, perfect for BBQ parties and a garden.

So, we returned on Monday for a formal tour and I decided I really liked one of the end units (at 1262 square feet). On Thursday I took my realtor to make a formal offer only to find out that a reservation had already been placed on the unit I like, but I put my name down as a backup reservation anyway. Then, after sleeping on it and mulling it over for the last 24 hours, I think I may prefer the unit at the other end of the complex (1611 square feet and $30,000 more). It would be a financial stretch but I think I could handle it if I had a roommate or two.


But, truthfully, I'm not exactly sure what I should do. I've been praying about it and trying to understand what the Lord would have me do and I feel really good about moving down there; however, there are still a lot of "buts" that keep popping up. I'm sure they'll straighten themselves out one way or another so stay tuned and I'll keep you posted as things develop, if they develop.

(Also, let me know if you or someone you know is looking for a new place to live. You'll have a big bedroom, private bathroom, garage parking, and that clubhouse is just across the street. You won't want to pass this up!)

1 comment:

BCassFam said...

Love the pictures of that place. Keep posted.I do know a possible roomate for you.