Monday, June 16, 2008

Drumroll, Please!

Because...

I BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!



(Okay, it's really a townhouse/condo, not exactly a house.)


Saturday, after much prayer, fasting, going to the temple, and many days of pondering, I finally bit the bullet, signed my life away and bought a condo in the new Foxboro North community. Starting sometime in late October I will be living at 1151 North Chatteris Drive, North Salt Lake UT 84054. I am thrilled, excited, tickled pink to finally be a homeowner but I am also scared to death. This is a huge financial responsibility. I actually have to create and stick to a budget now. Yikes!

If you are an avid reader of my blog you will remember that I originally put a reservation on the smaller condo but was having second thoughts. Well, I ended up buying the bigger condo. This "Berkley 5" model is 1611 square feet with a spacious 2-car garage. The main floor has a large open kitchen/dining/living room; a half bathroom; laundry room; master bedroom with full bathroom and huge walk-in closet. The second floor has two big bedrooms and a full bathroom. I also have a covered porch out the back door with about 400 square feet of yard.

For now, I'm making lists of all that I need, planning, dreaming, and amassing a growing pile of goods in my parents' basement (to which donations are gratefully accepted ;). I promise to get photos of the weekly progress on the building but today you'll just have to imagine a foundation in the dirt since I didn't have my camera with me on Saturday. Then, once I move in you will all be invited to a housewarming party. It's very exciting!

1 comment:

BCassFam said...

Congrats. That is so cool. It is so much fun to be a home owner.