Friday, March 27, 2009

Things Are Looking Up

My mood this week has exactly paralleled the weather here in Utah -- cold, dark, and dreary. I have been incredibly stressed out between wedding plans, conference plans, and temple celebration plans. Way too much planning going on and only the wedding plans are fun -- though they too have given me many moments of stress.

I am happy to report that yesterday afternoon the sun began shining through the clouds outdoors as well as inside my head and now Spring is nearly here again.

It all began with a chance encounter in the tunnels under Temple Square of several men I love and respect. Just a simple "Hello" from many of them lifted my heavy heart.

Then a long lunch with my wonderful mother of all-you-can eat Olive Garden salad, breadsticks, and soup. That really does a body good.

A little retail therapy last night with Jill and a short but sweet phone conversation with my Dave.

Then I got a good night's sleep (an anomaly this week) and the sun was brightly shining outside my windows as I left for work.

The cherry on top was a phone call regarding a huge event I have coming up in May -- it looks like their 17 rehearsals may be whittled down to 4. And just like that whatever clouds lingered in my head completely disappeared.

Now it's a beautiful day!


Photo Credits

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Glad things are beginning to be brighter!