Saturday, March 21, 2009

Art Exhibit Opening

The Conference Center has a brand new art exhibit!

What:
The 8th International Art Competition
"Remembering the Great Things of God"

Where:
LDS Conference Center
60 W. North Temple Street, Salt Lake City Utah

When:
Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.



Why:
Every three years the Church sponsors an art competition as a way to find new art for the Church History Museum as well as to see the works of member artists. Apparently, several artists found through the art competition have later been commissioned to do work in the temples. For the first time ever, selected works entered into the competition are on display at the Conference Center. Come check it out...but come with an hour or more to spare so that you can take in all the exhibit has to offer. It is AMAZING!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's even more amazing in person!
I know one of the artist's (Amy Finder)& since I couldn't go with her to the awards event on Friday night, she went with me to see the exhibit yesterday. I felt like I needed to add a few more words to my vocabulary since I completely overused words like "wow", "amazing", and "incredible".
For anyone that hasn't taken a tour of the conference center, as long as you're there, you should take a tour of the building - it's worth the time!

Pamela said...

I would spend hours with my mission companions wandering all the floors of the Conference Center. There are so many beautiful pieces of artwork that you can't see on a normal tour :(