Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh-Eight, Oh-Eight, Oh-Eight

On such a fortuitous day as 08/08/08 I had to get a blog post in, no matter what the hour. And yes, I admit I watched most of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. That pageant was pretty amazing! Good Job, Beijing!

Yesterday was our stake Lagoon day and so I took advantage of the offer and went for the first time in over 5 years. The park has changed some during my half-decade absence but most things are still the same. We invited Jennie and the kids along and had a grand time at Lagoon: It's What FUN Is!


Jamison and I rode together on The OdySea but he wouldn't let me touch the controls that moved our fish up and down. When I did try to take over he threw a fit so I let him have at it.


You can see that he knew just where to position the car to ensure that I got wet and he stayed dry.


Later, Colette and I rode tandem on the Swings. (Sorry about the bad quality of the cell phone picture.) I also took her on the white rollercoaster--the one made of wood. Jennie's family has season passes to Lagoon and Colette has been dying to go on the white rollercoaster but her parents won't take her--I think they're afraid of the whole thing coming apart under their feet. Well, Colette loved it and the structure is still in-tact!


Megan and the parents used the stake passes to get into the park for free. They watched us from the sidelines and kept Vera entertained while we played.

It was a fun afternoon and evening at Lagoon but perhaps in the next year or two we'll save our pennies and go to Disneyland instead. Stay tuned for pictures of that adventure!

No comments: