Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's Almost Here!!!

I can't believe today is only Thursday...but then, I have been living one day ahead of myself all week long. I think it's because I'm anxious for this weekend to be here. I know, I'm crazy to be wishing that it were Saturday already, inasmuch as this is general conference weekend. However, I am looking forward to a few things.

First of all, it is my premier conference as an event coordinator. It will be a new and exciting experience to be responsible for something other than tickets and those horrible scanners. This time around I am in charge of the visiting choirs and overflow facilities. I think I have everything under control but I'm sure last minute surprises are inevitable.

Secondly (prepare yourself, this one is completely shallow), a few weeks ago I did my semi-annual conference shopping and found two new tops for a great deal at Fashion Bug. They've been hanging in my closet just waiting for the festivities of conference to arrive. I sported the purple one last Saturday to the Young Women meeting and the red one with tasteful sequins will make it's debut this Saturday. Sunday's outfit will most likely consist of a once-worn brown top from JCPenney with my knee-high brown boots. As you know, conference is really all about what you wear (but truthfully that's only because I am not able to sit still long enough to gain much from the spiritual aspect of it).

And finally, I'm most anxious for this weekend to arrive because I have an M&M Date with a very cute and very available security guard. We had a lengthy flirtation session last Saturday and I promised I would bring him his favorite candy to snack on during conference, Peanut M&Ms. My entire office knows about the upcoming date and I'm sure they'll be zooming in the security cameras on us and no doubt the video will be posted on YouTube before Monday. I'm just hoping that this M&M date is only the first of many yet to come. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

amber said...

Cute blog! I'm so excited that we will be able to keep in touch a little better! Good luck on your date!

Charisse Baxter said...

Hooray for good shopping! Hooray for Peanut M&M's! Hooray for figuring out who to bribe so I can watch the security cameras too!

Break all kinds of legs - we're rootin' for ya!