Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Today's Special

Megan met me for lunch today and after eating we still had lots of time to spare before she needed to be at school and I needed to check on my next meeting. So we walked over to Deseret Book on South Temple. My favorite section of that store is always the Bargain Buys and look what I found there today...

I was so excited to see this book on the shelf...and on sale (plus with my church employee discount and rewards points it was a great deal)! It's a picture book jam-packed with random facts about all 50 States. For example, did you know that McIlhenny Tabasco sauce has been made in Avery Island, Louisiana from a secret family recipe since 1868? Or that the pipe organ in the Salt Lake Tabernacle has 11,623 pipes? (Truly, this book is a must-read for all of you auditioning with Jeopardy.)

It is by Lynne Cheney (wife of Vice President Dick Cheney). I also love and highly recommend her two other children's books if you want fun, informative, coffee table-type books about the United States and its history.

Happy Reading!

No comments: