Thursday, November 15, 2012

Month of Gratitude, Episode 3

DAY 10: I am grateful for babysitters!
I love living close to so many of our family members and I am so very thankful to them for all the babysitting they provide.  I truly appreciate their willingness to watch our little man while Dave and I take time out for a date or while I run to help him at the office.  THANK YOU! to all our wonderful babysitters!





DAY 11: I am thankful for a warm house.
As the days get shorter and colder I am so grateful to have a roof over my head and a furnace to keep us warm.

DAY 12: I am thankful for food on our table and our food storage.
I love to eat so I am very grateful for food!  And though we don't have as much food storage as my father-in-law would like us to have, we do have a nice little reserve that will get us through a few months.

DAY 13: I am grateful for opportunities to be creative.
I have been working on a cute little monster doll that I'll be giving away as a gift.  No pictures yet but when I finish I'll post.  It's been fun to create it from a few sheets of felt, a needle and thread.  Amazing what you can do with an imagination!

DAY 14: I am thankful for healthcare providers.
Benjamin made it through his six-month checkup with flying colors.  I am grateful to have a pediatrician who can calm my neurotic, first-time-mom fears.

DAY 15: I am grateful for the ability to read.
Even with a crazy little baby I have found time to read some pretty fantastic things over the last few months.  I recently finished The Hourglass Door trilogy by Lisa Mangum, which I highly recommend.  Sometimes you just need to escape with a good piece of fiction--and now that I don't escape to work I love to escape to other wonderful destinations, like Austenland. :)

No comments: