Friday, November 2, 2012

Month of Gratitude, Episode 1

An old friend of mine tagged me on Facebook this morning. It looks like she is doing a daily tidbit of gratitude this month with Thanksgiving approaching, and she mentioned me in her post. Then on Studio 5 today they reported on the "month of gratitude" again and the different FB and bloggers who are participating. I want to join the movement!  Too often the sun rises and sets and I don't express enough gratitude for the countless blessings in my life.

I am going to make a sincere effort to post something every day this month. But remember that I have a 5-1/2 month old baby and he doesn't like to nap, which means I don't get much of a break during the day. So, please forgive me in advance if I have to lump several days together. Like today, for instance.


DAY 1: I am thankful for Dave.
He is so patient with me and loves me unconditionally. I am so grateful for how hard he works to provide for our family. Sometimes I get a little jealous that his office sees more of him than I do but I know he does it all for me and Benjamin. He is the best thing in my life and I love him!


DAY 2: I am thankful for Benjamin.
We tried for so long to get him to our family but his infectious smile makes me forget all the tears shed, all the needle pokes, and all the disappointments that preceded his arrival. He is such a good baby (despite the naps) and has brought us tremendous joy in his short life. It is a privilege to be his mother.