Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Celebrated Food of New Jersey

We took a little business trip to New Jersey last month and decided to try out a couple of Triple D joints.

The Pancake Wrap at the Brownstone Diner.





A Hamburger at White Manna's Hamburgers.





I can't say it was the best food I've ever eaten but it is fun to say that I've been there.


And, what would a trip to New Jersey be without stopping in to see Carlo's Bakery from The Cake Boss. We arrived 45 minutes before they closed so the pickings were slim and had probably been out all day. I bought a half-dozen cookies and they were just okay. I would have tried the infamous crumb cake but it was $10 a slice and I didn't want to spend that much money on 4 bites worth of cake. However, after the stale cookies I probably should have splurged on the cake. Next time.




But I think the best meal that I ate all weekend was at the Newark airport on our way home. There was an east coast version of Cafe Rio in the food court and they did a pretty good job. (I should probably send an email to Guy Fieri and have him check it out! ;) )

No comments: