Monday, June 20, 2011

Triple Chocolate Cupcakes

Dave decided to make cupcakes the other day from a cake mix in the cupboard he has been eyeing since I bought it. Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake. This comes with the the typical chocolate cake mix and then you add in a fudge and chocolate chunk goodness - triple chocolates!



So Dave worked at his task while I read the newspaper and when he finished he proudly came over to tell me that they were in the oven. But, he said, he didn't add in the fudge and chocolate chunk mixture because he tasted it and it was gross. So he left it out, making instead a single chocolate decadent cake. I chided him for not putting it in and tried to figure out how to use it -- you just can't waste good chocolate like that.

When the cupcakes came out of the oven I cut large holes in several of them, spooned in the second and third chocolates, covered them with some cherry frosting I found in the fridge and topped them off with a maraschino cherry. They were adorable and very good -- triple chocolate and double cherry. Yummy!

No comments: