Thursday, June 16, 2011

A quiet weekend down south

I spent the weekend in St. George, again. This time I went down with my mom and aunt and left Dave at home. While Dave reverted to his days of bachelorhood -- falling asleep on the couch with all the lights and tv on -- I enjoyed my quiet, relaxing few days in the sun. I went to bed early, took a walk every morning, worked out in the gym, went on a couple of free tours, read a book, and just breathed. I really need to take time to breathe more often.


On Friday we went to the Jacob Hamblin Home and the St. George Tabernacle. The sister telling the story of the Tabernacle was so adorable we stayed through two tours just to hear her retell the history of that beautiful building.

The next day we discovered that the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in Ivins gives free tours at 12:30 Monday-Saturday. We called to let them know we were coming and headed on over. They showed us around the facility, the workout rooms, pool, and kitchen. It was awesome to see what they do there. I might even want to vacation there some day -- hopefully, not because I have to but because I want to. :)

No comments: