Thursday, June 9, 2011

Random Happenings

We have been busy the last few weeks but I don't have any pictures, and we all know how I hate blogging without pictures.

* We laid sod in our backyard, a whole 144 square feet of it!

* We ate a hot breakfast at the annual Woods Cross Memorial Day Celebration in the cold rain. Then ran to RC Willey and took the second to last $25 coupon they were handing out at the door. Just in time!

* I took the young women to the temple to perform proxy baptisms and the next day we all went swimming at the clubhouse in the cold wind.

* After coordinating a big, stressful event in the Tabernacle, I stayed in my pajamas the next day until 1:30 and then only left the house when Dave insisted we go out for dinner.

* I made a YUMMY chocolate cake with avocado. Check out the fabulous recipe at Joy the Baker, from whom I also stole the picture. I didn't have enough fruit to make bright green frosting but the cake was still super good!

* And tomorrow I start poking myself for round 3. Cross your fingers and toes that it all works this time!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Good luck on Day one of poking. We are wishing, hoping and praying it all goes well.

Nathan and Lisa said...

Oooh that cake looks good! I never would have thought to use avacado in frosting. I might have to try this one. We are praying for you and Dave that everything goes well with this cycle. I remember the "pokes" all too well! :) Hang in there! We love you!