Monday, December 21, 2009

Passing on a Tradition

My poor grandmother has recently had surgery on her arm and was not able to make the Yorkshire Pudding for our Family Christmas Dinner last night. And so my aunt trusted me to the task.

I have never made Yorkshire before and I was rather nervous. The first two batches came out with little air bubbles all over. All the succeeding batches looked good on top but the bottoms were dark. I was worried.

But once we got that Yorkshire next to the hot roast beef and gravy all my worries disappeared. They turned out fabulous! Even my grandma commented on how good they tasted.

However, my mother told me I should make about 120 pieces - or 10 batches worth. So I did and in the end I went home with probably over 4 dozen leftovers.

If you don't have time to make Yorkshire Pudding for your Christmas dinner I have some in my freezer. And I'm happy to share!

4 comments:

Jillums said...

It's not my fault you took 48 home with you. Just alone I ate 5, and I was stuffed!!!

Annie said...

Looks wonderful. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Jennie said...

I don't remember Kara serving carrots or green beans at the dinner!

Chelsea H. Huffaker said...

Well, she didn't serve carrots and green beans; but it would have been good if she had. :)