Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mourning Verizon

Monday was a very sad day. We had to turn in our trusty Verizon phones for Sprint phones. After spending three days with my new phone I think I can fairly say that I am in deep mourning.

I miss the days of full coverage in every corner of the Conference Center and at my house.

I miss the time when I only dropped phone calls as I drove over the plains of Nebraska.

I miss the easy-to-use number pad.

I miss not having unlimited mobile to mobile with my family.

I miss my petite Blackberry that fit so nicely in unmentionable areas when I needed to use two hands.

I miss Verizon.

(I think I'm going to cry right about now.)


The cause of my mourning

2 comments:

Jenny said...

My dad dislikes the new phones as well. Good luck adjusting.

Pamela said...

Too bad you can't have the choice on the company and phone you want. :(

We just renewed our Verizon for 2 years. The downside is that my brother is the only one on my side with Verizon. Thankfully, I still get unlimited nights and weekends when my mom calls.