Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happenings Book Dates, Episode 2

Jason's Deli (C55) & Ben's Cookies (D138) at the Gateway, Salt Lake City
Dave met me downtown and we rode Trax from my office to the Gateway to take in dinner, dessert, and some window shopping. We both had a pasta dish at Jason's Deli. Talk about good meatballs! I highly recommend anything that comes with their meatballs. Then we stopped at Ben's Cookies for some gourmet treats. The worker there clued us in that we would get the best deal for our money if we did their Buy 5, Get 2 Free special. We ended up with 7 of the greatest cookies in town and later shared a couple with the full-time missionaries we met on the return Trax trip. This was a very good date night!



Teryaki Stix (D14), Layton
I've eaten at this Japanese grill fast-food joint many times through the years. It's okay -- nothing overly special about my rice bowl with chicken and vegetables. I appreciated that this particular location was a lot cleaner than most I've been to.

No comments: