Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happenings Book Dates, Episode 1

Miniature Golf at Cherry Hill (E18), Kaysville
This was a fun Family Home Evening activity that Dave planned all by himself. The miniature golf course needs some updating but it was still a very wonderful FHE and we loved watching the other families in front and behind us. Sadly, Dave won me by a lot.



MacCool's Public House (C8), South Jordan
Dave and I stopped here on our way to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. The food was very good and the atmosphere fun. When you go, be sure to get a dish that comes with their secret BBQ sauce. Our server said that the owner comes in once a week to make the sauce and doesn't trust anyone else to make it or even watch him. Believe me, it is good!



Firehouse Pizzeria (C13), Centerville
I have been wanting to go to this restaurant for a couple of years now and this was my first opportunity. Sadly, I wasn't that impressed. Dave and I both had the Cordon Bleu pasta dish. It was okay but not great. Any recommendations as to what I should have ordered instead?

4 comments:

Jillums said...

pizza

Megan Di said...

You've been to Firehouse before. And, no, it really isn't that great.

Chelsea H. Huffaker said...

I've sort of been before. You and I shared a take out order but it was cold by the time we ate it and because we dined at your office desk that doesn't count.

Jennie said...

I think that is one of the worst restaurants around (Firehouse). I'd rather eat cardboard.