Monday, September 15, 2008

Unit 132

This was an eventful week at Foxboro North Berkley Unit 132. The walls, ceilings, and doors were all painted, the linoleum was laid in the bathrooms and entryways, and the stucco and stone work are done.









If all continues to go well I should be in my house in just over a month! I think I'm nearly ready. I still need a refrigerator and window blinds and a dining table would be nice but I'll have to save a couple of months for that.

I'm sure you've all heard the financial news of the day: "The upheaval in the American financial system sent shock waves through the stock market Monday, producing the worst day on Wall Street in seven years as investors digested the failure of one of its most venerable banks [Lehman Brothers]."

The stock market fell over 500 points and mortgage rates went right down with it. I took advantage of the crisis today and locked in a modestly low interest rate. That helped my stress level come down a notch. Wall Street's loss becomes my gain!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Your house looks so good, and I'm excited for you. I think you have made really good choices with the colors and stuff. I can't wait to see it in person!