Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Los Buenos Padres Mios

There has unfortunately been some family controversy going on the last couple of days in our home. Without letting the ugly skeletons out of the closet let me just say that for a long time now (that is, since I outgrew my teenage years) I have known that my parents are two of the greatest parents in the world.

My dad is a pillar of the priesthood. He is kind and gentle and very close to the Spirit. He has always provided temporally and spiritually for our family despite his handicaps. I'm trying to find a husband just like him who will lead our family in love and righteousness. (Sadly, men like him are few and far between which is exactly why I'm still single.)

My mom is inarguably the most amazing woman around. She serves wherever she sees a need: in Church callings and assignments, in the youth city council and other civic programs, at the elementary and high schools; she keeps a watchful eye over her mother and tends her grandkids without any other compensation than a kiss and a hug from the little munchkins (yes, poor thing's stuck in the sandwich generation). I truly aspire to be her one day.

I am grateful for their example, for all they have taught me, for their unfailing love and encouragement. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to this family.


I LOVE YOU, MOM & DAD!

No comments: