Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Our First Parents

I just had a couple of sisters from the Jehovah's Witnesses come knock at my door.  When they asked if they could share a thought about Jesus Christ, I said, "Why not," and she opened her Bible to 1 Corinthians 15:22.  Our pleasant conversation quickly turned to our beliefs regarding Adam and Eve and their necessary role in the Plan of Salvation.

I know that Adam and Eve and the Fall are an integral part in the Plan.  I know that their actions paved the way for the Savior to come to the earth, who lived and died for each and every one of us.  I am so grateful for the additional insight we receive about our first parents through the teachings of the Book of Mormon.

Though in the end the JW's and I agreed to disagree it was a fun few minutes for me as I bore a strong testimony of the truth.  Even now I can still feel the presence of the Spirit in my home.  As we parted ways I was certain to invite the sisters to watch General Conference this weekend with questions about Adam and Eve in their hearts; through the gifts of the Spirit they too can receive a witness of the importance of the Fall in the Plan of Salvation.

For more information about Adam and Eve and The Plan of Salvation, click here.

For more information about the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, click here.

Come listen to living prophets

1 comment:

ishmael said...

Hi and greetings from England...

We've just found your blog & as fellow 'Saints - we just wanted to say "Hi"....

We look for ward to reading more.. !!