Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Holidays

Many Facebook friends have shared this blog post today:

http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/2013/03/lets-bring-holidays-down-notch.html

Let me just say, Amen!  I saw what some people did for their kids on St. Patrick's Day: green water in the toilet bowl, chocolate coins and little footprints, green waffles, etc. So creative...so much planning and time to pull it off.

I'm not a Scrooge regarding any holiday, but sometimes I think the token remembrance is good enough.  Here's my token from St. Patrick's Day.



We didn't even have corned beef and cabbage.  Just a few green side dishes to commemorate the holiday, and that was good enough for me.

Hope you had a green St. Patrick's Day too!

2 comments:

Jillums said...

That blog post is awesome! I never could understand what the whole elf on a shelf thing was supposed to be about.

Pamela said...

I loved that post too! Holidays are stressful enough without having to keep up with the Jones' and remember to move a silly (and creepy...) elf.