Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blessings & Miracles

So, you've probably all caught on by now that I'm about to become a homeowner. I feel as if this whole process has been one blessing and miracle after another. Let me explain.


Back in June, I spontaneously took a jaunt to several new condo and townhouse developments around Davis County. We ended up in Foxboro North at the Berkley Townhouses. I have never wanted to move to Foxboro but something about these new townhouses just felt right. I pondered, prayed, and fasted about building there and finally decided to do it. The house cost quite a lot more than I had wanted to spend on my first piece of real estate but I kept feeling that I needed to just take the plunge and everything would be all right. Before long, I began to recognize the many ways the Lord was blessing me.

These are just some of the wonderful things that have happened in this process.

1. The builder considered the lower offer I made and in the end consented to give me both $5000 in free upgrades and $3000 towards closing costs.
2. All the upgrades I wanted came to just barely over $5000.
3. After doing a little research on mortgage loans and presenting my findings to the lender, they significantly lowered some of their closing cost fees.
4. I easily found roommates one day during a visiting teaching lesson when my sweet visiting teacher mentioned she needed to be out of her house at the exact time mine would be completed.
5. By shopping sales, scrounging through clearance items, using coupons, and haggling with salesmen, I have bought nearly everything I need from furniture to muffin tins at remarkably discounted prices.
6. The stock market crashed and brought interest rates down with it. The timing was impecable and I locked in at one of the lowest rates in months.
7. The builder just reduced the prices of all their houses and even though I had already agreed to pay the former price, they were generous enough to submit an addendum to my contract and credit me $4000.
8. I have been able to save a hefty down payment in just a few short months.
9. Some of the money for my down payment has been tied up in CDs and I have been worried about needing to close on my house before they matured. The builder has now set the closing date which falls exactly 3 days after the CDs mature. Perfect timing.
10. (There is at least one other blessing that I have seen which I cannot yet disclose. Just know that it has been the best blessing and miracle of all.)

Remember, this list of blessings/miracles is by no means comprehensive. I know there are many others that I have failed to recognize. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who has provided the way for me to buy this house. Words cannot express the gratitude in my heart for the way everything has been coming together. When it all started I knew I was doing the right thing but I still had so many fears and worries going into it. The worries are still there but they have been lessened as I have seen the hand of the Lord in this process. It has truly all been a MIRACLE!

No comments: