Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

This year in our ward the Sunday School President (my husband) and the Ward Mission Leader (a brand new father as of three days ago) were put in charge of the Christmas Party this coming Saturday. Do you know what that really means? It means that Chelsea is in charge of the Ward Christmas Party. As if I didn't have enough to do already what with the insane number of Christmas events at work, my weekly Young Women responsibilities, two counselors on maternity leave, and a new secretary.

Last night we did about half of the grocery shopping (and ran into President Uchtdorf while doing it -- which made Dave wonder why a member of the First Presidency was out shopping on a Monday night when he should be having Family Home Evening).

Back at home, as I worked hard to get things organized -- so that tonight we can deliver all the ingredients to the sweet Relief Society sisters who volunteered to help cook -- Dave sat on the couch with a bowl of ice cream watching a National Geographic program. No joke.

I can't wait until Saturday is over. (And Dave better be coming up with a really nice Christmas gift to make up for this added holiday stress.)

4 comments:

Ang said...

Amen! Tommy was in charge of our huge ward service project in October - BY HIMSELF - which meant I did a big portion of it. I feel your pain. Good luck! And congrats on the May baby! I'm due in May as well! I'm SO SO SO excited for you guys!!!

Megan Di said...

I think my experience of "being in charge" of last night's ward party might trump yours. :) We'll have to swap stories soon. Love ya!

Summer Blackhurst said...

LOL. This is Classic!

Joellen said...

Chelsea, I did our ward Christmas party last year, I can relate. Hopefully the holiday stress is behind you. Can't wait to meet baby!