Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good Works Project

Last night I finally finished my cookbook! Okay, maybe it's not exactly "my" cookbook because none of the recipes are my own creations. Rather, it's a compilation of pages printed off the internet and torn out of magazines.



I started it over a year ago, just trying to organize things. You can imagine how excited I was to learn that one of the Good Works projects for Personal Progress is to collect recipes and prepare meals for your family. That extra motivation was exactly what I needed to finish, even if it still took five months to get it done.



Now, the plan is to cook each and every recipe in the book and determine if it really is tasty and worthy of keeping. I'm making good progress -- I've completed four recipes just this week. This is a Young Women's project Dave is actually enjoying!



(Thanks to Megan for providing the cute scrapbook pages!)

6 comments:

Peggy said...

LOVE IT! I'm slowly working on Personal Progress too...can't expect my girls to do it and not have me, the YW Pres., slacking!

Amy said...

That's a great idea & something I'd love to do too! Although I completed my personal progress as a YW, I'll admit I didn't always enjoy it. I was in my ward YW pres for just over a year & didn't do much towards my pp as a leader. Now that I'm in the stake YW, I figure I better step it up! Thanks for a little motivation :-)

Jennie said...

What a great project! Cook me up something and I'll let you know if it's a keeper or not. Maybe we need to have pot luck dinners more often so we can all experiment a bit more.

Ai said...

This looks great♥ I also have a file with a bunch of recipes taken off the internet and magazines but it looks no where near as pretty as yours!!!

xoxo

The Willeyes said...

That is awesome! What a great project, and so nice to have done. I need some motivation to do that to my stuff :) Hope you are well Melanie

cbenzley said...

Your book is amazing!
It makes me a little jealous though, especially when I peek in my recipe cupboard and the disaster of loose papers and other random recipes I need to go through.
Way to go!