Saturday, May 29, 2010

Romantic Movies

I dragged Dave to a movie last night - yes, to a chick flick. It wasn't the greatest movie I have ever seen but it had a happy ending. (And no one died, no guns, swords, explosions, nuclear weapons, etc. which is reason enough to celebrate.)

Dave typically only tolerates my type of movies - just as I only tolerate his. He always mocks them once the credits start to roll and pretends he enjoyed the last two hours full of love and frivolity.

I got to thinking after the movie that husbands should be more willing to go to chick flicks. You see, watching others in love and seeing happy endings usually puts wives in a more euphoric mood, and that can only mean good things for husbands. Next time your husband complains about seeing something romantic, remind him that a combination of his good behavior and the romance on the screen may be to his benefit in the end. How can he say no to that?

No comments: