Friday, April 16, 2010

Homemade Bread

Some people think I am my mother's daughter and bake all the same great rolls and bread and cookies that she makes. I think I have the cookies down and I have been semi-successful in the roll department but I have never made bread. Until now.

This week my mom talked me into going to her Relief Society Bread Making Class and then forced me to put together my own batch of bread. All was going well, and you would have thought I had done this before, until I started talking to my table-mate. Suddenly, I had way too much flour in the mixer and the dough turned dry and crumbly. I added almost half a cup of water before it returned to the right consistency. But the bread baked up beautifully and tastes just like Mom's -- and it was really easy to make.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That looks SO delicious! Have fun in West Virginia!