Monday, July 27, 2009

Meant to Be

I remember a few years ago when Daniel and Megan were engaged a neighbor mentioned that it must be right because we were adding another "Megan" to the family.

If common names and birthdays determine "rightness," then Dave and I are truly meant to be together.

Names
David: my husband, two uncles, a cousin, and a cousin-in-law
Jennifer: my sister; Dave's sister-in-law and cousin-in-law
Daniel: my brother; Dave's nephew
Jill: my sister; Dave's aunt
Megan: my sister and sister-in-law; Dave's sister-in-law
Maggie: my niece; Dave's aunt
Matt: my cousin-in-law; Dave's brother
Paul: my uncle; Dave's brother

Birthdays
April 18: my sister; Dave's father
November 20: my sister; Dave's brother
Today, July 27: my niece; and Dave's niece who will be born any time now
(And Dave has another niece on the way who is due just 2 days before my brother's birthday, so if she comes early...)

P.S. There are probably several more connections between our two families, but I still don't know the names of all Dave's cousins nor the birthdays of most of his siblings, in-laws, or nieces and nephews. However, I think there is ample evidence above to prove that we were meant to be together!

2 comments:

Ang said...

That's fun. Dave has WAY too many cousins (including me). So I take it from your post that Pam is in labor. How awesome!!!

Peggy said...

It would really be interesting to get together and write names, dates etc. and just see how many similarities we come up with. Dave has a cousin named David on the Huffaker side and a second cousin too!